#

Saturday, September 11, 2010

All's Well!

Went to the doctor last Thursday and it's confirmed...Levi is HEAD DOWN and ready to go! It was hard for her to tell at first, his "boney butt" (her words by the way) made it difficult to know which end was up, but she did an ultrasound and sure enough, his little head is right where it's supposed to be! It was cute seeing the back of his head and his little ears in the ultrasound. So we're good to go!

Then today I had my 37 week checkup and I am 1 cm. dilated and 50% effaced!! AHH!! Now, I know that being 1 cm. dilated is not a huge deal, and I could stay stuck there for awhile, but it's still pretty exciting. Things are finally happening, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! No pun intended...ew! ;) Doc says it's unlikely I'll go past my due date, but we'll see. Now all I have to do is wait and prepare as much as I can.

Speaking of preparation, Clay and I finished our birth preparation classes a couple weeks ago, went to a tour of the hospital on Monday, and went to a breastfeeding class last night. The breastfeeding class was REALLY helpful, and gave me a lot more confidence. So many people tell me horror stories of how hard it is to breastfeed, how it is excruciatingly painful, this problem and that...it gets discouraging. But it's something I really want to do, so I'm trying to just set my mind to it. I'm expecting it to be hard, but I hope I can just set my mind to it and succeed.


By the way, my next post will be about a beautiful surprise baby shower that a few of my friends threw me (they couldn't make it to the real shower). And there will be pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...