#

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Surprise Showerrrr

I promised I'd write about the surprise baby shower that four of my dear friends threw for me, so here we go! One day my good friend Blythe (check out her blog too, it's great!) asked me what I was doing the following Sunday, because she had something in store for me, but she wasn't going to tell me what we'd be doing or where we'd be going. After much nagging to try to get the secret out of her, I resigned to the fact that I would have to be surprised. And surprised I was! She called me that Sunday morning and told me to meet at her house at 1 pm and to dress as if I was going to a brunch. BUT - she said it was NOT a brunch. Huuuuh? Alrighty Blythers, I shall do as you instruct.

So I arrived at Blythe's and after parking across the street and being accosted by Jehovah's Witnesses from halfway in my car, made my way to the doorstep. Blythe and I walked out to her car on the driveway (a distraction ploy, I'd soon realize) and then she said "Oh wait, before we leave, someone left a ring in the backyard the night of my party, maybe you know whose it is". (She had had a really super rad make-your-own-grilled-cheese-sandwich birthday party the weekend before). So, we ran back inside and toward the backyard, and when we stepped outside there were my pals Angie, Gina, and Rian standing beside a picnic table set with uhhmmaaaazing delicious food!! I immediately BURST into tears - helllo hormones! Anyway, they had set up a gorgeous outdoor lunch with the yummiest food ever: turkey sandwiches, chips and salsa, fruit salad, a delish non-alcoholic margarita-ish concoction, and much more. They threw me a baby shower because they weren't able to make it to my other one. Isn't that so sweet? I have great friends.

It was so fun catching up with the gals and eating great food on a perrrfectly sunny September day.











Blythe MADE this quilt for Levi....it's the coolest! Loveloveloveee the color combos!






Gina made these adorable strawberry shortcakes with Leev's name on them in blueberries :)


All photos were taken by the talented Blythe Hill


Thank you to Blythe, Gina, Rian, and Angie for the best super surprise shower everrr! :)
Love you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...