#

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Running in (Orange) Circles.

I told you I'd be sharing some of the mundane moments from our days, so here we go! Yesterday was one of my days off, so we tried to make the most of it by getting out of the house and doing something fun. My days off are a little bittersweet in that I have the whole day to spend with my little man, but I must also take advantage of the day by getting errands and projects and cleaning done. I try my best to strike a balance of the two, either by getting housework done in the morning or during naptime, or breaking up errands with lunch or a stop at the park or a quick trip to Disneyland (we have annual passes). It works well so far.


So yesterday we went to the Orange Circle in Old Town Orange, which, if you are not familiar, is a cute little historic part of Orange -- lots of old boutiques, antique shops, cafes, and restaurants. It really feels like a step back in time....and fun fact: scenes from the movie That Thing You Do were filmed there. You will now have that song stuck in your head all day, so you're welcome. The actual Circle part is a roundabout with streets that branch off, kind of like spokes of a wheel. So, Levi and I made the 10 minute drive up there and got some coffee (well, he got a bowl of fruit), played in a grassy area in the circle for awhile, and then walked down to Bruxie. If you haven't been to Bruxie, you must. It is a little walk-up stand with sandwiches made with waffles instead of bread. They have savory sandwiches as well as sweet ones, so you can cater to your taste. I prefer the savory ones, with the classic chicken and waffle sandwich being my go-to.

Levi reeeally wanted to go back to the fountain/grassy part of the circle, so we walked back down there to eat our sandwiches on the grass and I tried to get him to make a couple kiddo friends while we were over there. He had a lot of fun running around the fountain with some of the other kids there, and had me join in at one point, too! It was a successfully fun day.



I started off the day with some souvenir pie from Chile Pies in San Francisco for breakfast -- Mexican Chocolate Pecan and Green Chili and Cheddar Apple pie. SO GOOD.  I did not finish both pies ;)

Strollin.

Iced coffee for me, fruit for the boy.

Cool stuff at the candy shop.




Running around in circles...literally.





I'm trying to get better about having Levi socialize more with kids his age. When he was in daycare more, I didn't worry so much, but now he only goes for 2 half-days and I can tell he's getting to the age where he craves more interaction with playmates. Plus, seriously, I can only play with Hot Wheels for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...