#

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pecan Pie Failllll

I loveloveLOOOOVVE comfort food. I totally could live off of mashed potatoes and gravy. So keeping with this Southern theme, I decided to make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving.


Now, I made one last year and it was perfect! Absolutely, positively perfect. Can't say the same for this year, though. I don't really know what happened, but it was kind of undercooked or something, even though I cooked it for exactly how long the recipe said to and the crust was golden brown. Any longer in there and it would've burned!! I think the trouble is that I deviated from the recipe I used last year and used the one on the back of the Karo corn syrup bottle instead (because it called for more brown sugar...mmmmm, I thought it was a sign from above). So either I took a wrong turn somewhere during the recipe following, cooking in a different oven messed up my game, or the recipe just isn't as good as the one I used last time. Either way, I shall not despair and I WILL conquer the art of the pecan pie again for Christmas!


In case you are wondering, here's the old recipe for the pie. You won't even BELIEVE how easy it actually is!





1 comment:

  1. Beth made a delicious pecan pie for Thanksgiving! I never even knew I liked it til I tried hers! I am totally gonna try my hand at PP for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...