#

Monday, July 18, 2011

Ohhh guys, I really suck. I keep telling you (and myself) that I'm going to blog more often, and it never happens. So I'm sorry. Finding time to sit down for more than 5 minutes at a time is quite a task now that Levi is crawling/standing/putting everything in sight into his mouth. I have to watch that kid like a hawk. And if you are asking yourself why I don't just plop him into a playpen or excersaucer every once in a while, let me tell you, this kid hates, HATES being confined. He is an explorer. His energy knows no bounds. He has completely abandoned the idea of toys and refuses to play with anything that is specifically made for a baby...instead he sets his sights on pretty much everything that I don't want him getting into - read: my phone, electric cords, stray crumbs, leaves from the patio, magazines, and well, pretty much anything and everything he can get his hands on.

Soooo, that is my (lame) excuse. I realized that my blog was starting to become more of a chore than an enjoyment, which is why I kind of let it fizzle out a bit. I was stressing about boring my little group of readers, when I know I should just write for the pure enjoyment of it. Being a mom really takes a lot out of you sometimes. I believe it is (or at least it should be) the most selfless job a woman can have, but that's not to say that moms should lose themselves completely in motherhood. Lately I've found myself starting to do just that. Sure, I hang out with friends and go fun places, but it's almost always with Levi attached to my hip. I've been lazy about cultivating my own interests. I can't even remember the last time I finished a book that wasn't about babies or parenting. So my point is, this little blog is MY own space. A space for my thoughts, rants, photos, inspirations, and a marker of memories. And yes, Levi is and will continue to be a HUGE part of it! I'll write in it when I want to, when I feel the urge to, and if other people read it and like it, great!

So with that, I will leave you with these recent pictures of my sweet, adorable, energetic, and wildy entertaining little boy, who will be 10 months old in a matter of days!!:


sorry about the quality of these, mostly all of my pictures happen on my iphone these days...




Oh, and for those of you that do actually follow or read my blog, a sincere thank you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...