#

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

K(eep)I(t)S(hort),S(illy)!

After a short and pathetic rainy spell this past weekend, the mercury has risen for the last two days and it's got my mind a-wanderin' to daydreams of lazy summer afternoons. I love love LOVE summer, it's my favorite season in each and every way. I love the achingly long, sundrenched days, the feeling of hot sand between my toes at the beach, not worrying about having to blowdry my salty ocean-tousled hair, and the lingering smell of hot asphalt and warm grass on a starry, balmy summer night when you can walk around barefoot and without a jacket and just get the slightest chill.  I love getting up in the morning, throwing open the windows, and planning (or NOT planning) my sunny, limitless day.


Anyyyyway, this diversion brings me to the topic of shorts and my love for them. Next to dresses and shoes, shorts are one of my favorite articles of clothing. The tricky part about them is the right fit. Too tight or short and you veer into a stuffed sausage street walker look, too loose or long and you risk looking like a soccer mom. But! Once you find the perfect pair, they make your legs and your booty look snazzy, and you know you've got it right. Here are my top pics for shorts this spring/summer! Since I won't be buying any for awhile, I'll have to start adding shorts to my summer daydream repertoire ;) :



A simple, super soft pale pink t-shirt would be perfect with these bloomers.
(via Modcloth)
(via Modcloth)
Not sure I could pull these off, but they are caaaaa-yute!
(via Modcloth)
Oh how I love tap shorts! They are so comfy, and easily dressed up or down.
(via Modcloth)

Love the color and the 70s feel!
 I could see myself pairing these with a black American Apparel 3/4 sleeve bodysuit
(via Topshop)

Kinda on the wild side, that's what I like about these babies!
I'd wear them with an off-white crochet-y top and some brown leather ankle boots
(via Topshop)

I am obsessed with these, and of course they are SOLD OUT. Wahhh! :(
The hunt for knockoffs begins...
(via Topshop)

So flowy and breezy!
(via Topshop - yes, again)







Show your legs some love - wear your shorts with pride!


2 comments:

  1. great picks! and i saw a great DIY for scalloped shorts, you might look into it:
    http://candimandi.typepad.com/heres_lookin_at_me_kid/2010/11/scalloped-shorts-diy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am seriously salivating over every pair. especially the fringe ones. LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...