#

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Big Apple, big plans.

Remember how I said we were planning to move to New York right before we discovered Mr. Levi was on his way? Well, although I wouldn't admit it, I kind of gave of hope of ever fulfilling that little dream. I was secretly majorly bummed.

Buuuut, now there is a beacon of hope! My friend Raquel from New York told me about a job opportunity through the organization she works for, and I have been giving it some serious thought. I won't get into details just yet, but I figured I'd go ahead and apply and take it from there. Since I know Raquel, I have a huge advantage already, but who knows? Job openings are competitive these days. Obviously it would be a *big* move, and I've been weighing the pro's and con's like crazy. The position requires a two year commitment, so I feel like if I'm going to do anything like this, it's kind of a now-or-never type thing. I would probably never consider moving across country on a whim if Levi was in school, unless it meant a huge step up in terms of a career move or quality of life. Even then, I'm not sure I'd do it. So I feel like I have this very short window of time to do something like this while he is still young enough.


I'll give you the details if and when I hear back, but until then, all I'm asking is that you keep me in your prayers, 'cause I'm a little torn. This is something I want so much, but on the other hand it's not just about me anymore. I have a family now, and they come first.


I figure I'd give it a shot and apply, and when (or if ) I hear back, I'll take it from there! Ahhh New York City, I'd love to take a bite outta you!


Here are some pics from our trip to NYC last January...


A subway cat nap

Brooklyn bound! 

Bedford Cheese Shop in Brookyln, whhhhaaaat! So much cheese, so little time.

One of our most memorable nights...discovering a great, obscure little bar on the Lower East Side
and walking home in the snow at 4 a.m. 

Me and Raqs enjoying some happy hour margaritas down the street from her apartment. 

2 comments:

  1. wait, whaaaaaaaaaat? chelsea, that would be huge. would the three of you go? just you and levi? just you?

    oh, my. such big bigness. let's talk about this. !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh all three of us would definitely go together! we'll have to get together and i'll give you the deets! :]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...