#

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

An Exercise in Accessories



Ok, so I've realized (not so suddenly) that I may or may not have a shopping problem. That sounds really, really superficial to admit, but it's kinda true.

Not that I am or ever will be in debt from my shopping habit (unless you count a few times where I've overdrawn my account -whoops), but still, the consumerism needs to STOP! Let's be clear about one thing, though: I am usually a big time bargain hunter. I sift through sale racks, shop low price stores like H&M, Forever 21, Nordstrom Rack, and Lohmann's, hit up second hand stores like Buffalo Exchange, and have know to come out of a thrift store with some pretty nifty finds. I can't even remember the last time I bought something full price at places like Urban Outfitters or Anthropologie.

However, I have plenty of options, wardrobe wise, and could easily make due with what I have...and then some. So I've decided that in this time of limbo of the fashion world - you know, not quite winter, not quite spring - I would save my pennies and be resourceful with the clothes I already have.

I read somewhere (and I unfortunately can't remember for the life of me where, so I can't give credit) of a girl taking 30 items from her closet and wearing only those things for 30 days, and that includes shoes. I think she gave accessories an exception, but I'm pondering including those in my 30 items. I'll get back to you on that. My 30 days will start on March 1st.  And yeah, I realize March has 31 days, so maybe I'll just put a twist on it and make it 31 items for 31 days.

One great thing about shopping your own closet is bringing out some hidden creativity and also learning the power of accessories; something I'm usually not the best at. So it is my goal from now until the end of March to not purchase a single item of clothing, no matter how cute, no matter how tempting. Nothing. Then, once the cute spring clothes really start emerging, I may have some funds to buy a few new things. On sale, of course! ;)

I'll spend the next few days looking through my closet and let you all know what items I've chose, and I'll try to take pictures every day of the outfits I ensemble.


Is anyone willing to join me??!


oh, and if you get a sec, do you think you can vote for me on topbabyblogs.com? Pretty please?

Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. oh! you're thinking of Kendi:

    http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com

    you should do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...