#

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Questionable Trend...

Yeah people, I'm talking about feather hair extensions. Have you heard of them? It's basically just what it sounds like - feathers put in your hair (like a hair extension, but with feathers instead). Obviously, you only put them in strategic places, not on your whole head - and truthfully, I'm still not sure how I feel about this trend. It seems to me that it's a little too...well....trendy for my liking. Not to mention kinda strange.

Now, what I am going to say may shock you.



I actually have some in my hair as I write this!
Actually, more like I'm picking at them as I write this.
  

Allow me to explain. Those who know me know that I work in a hair salon, so I've been pretty aware of this little fad for awhile now. Well, now one of the ladies that I work with has started doing them and she asked me to be her "model" and advertise them for her. I felt kind of obligated, so I hesitantly agreed. They come in a million different colors to choose from, but I decided to stick with some neutrals, being that I'm still on the fence about the whole thing.

If you know me at all you probably also know that I have a thing for feathers. I have a tattoo of feathers on my forearm for crying out loud. I love feather earrings, feather hair accessories, even metal "feather" jewelry, etc. (but we're talking cool, understated feathers here, not hot pink, sparkly, showgirl boa type feathers). So what's my problem?!

My biggest qualm about them is the fact that the majority of the girls who come in to get them are between the ages of 16 and 20. Oh, but there was one slightly scary 50 year old who jumped on the bandwagon, too. Quite a crowd. So that's my main thing; I feel like it's a highschooler's trend...the kiss of death on anything that once was even remotely "cool".

Anyway, I'll probably just wait until they eventually loosen themselves out (my fidgety fingers may or may not help) and then decide whether or not to have them reinstalled, since I know my co-worker will ask me again.



see it? the colors I chose were yellow and reddish brown.



So I have to ask:

What do you think about feather hair extensions?! I want your feedback!




2 comments:

  1. yours looks great! At first i was excited, but then Gina showed me a sample and it was this long skinny, straggly strand of black and purple feathers that didn't really look much like feathers. I like the idea of tying real feathers in your hair- fuller, rounder ones. these hair ones weird me out by the fact that you can curl them....not exactly a natural feather look.

    but seriously, yours looks fab. i wish my hair were long enough to try one out.
    even though i still love my short hair. dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks b. well...one ahem..adventurous gal came in an she had a mohawkish thing going on, and got feathers all up her 'hawk. not that i'm suggesting you do that :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...