#

Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Favorites!




This week's Friday Favorite is...The Beach Boys!
A couple of weeks ago I rediscovered my love and admiration for the Beach Boys album Smiley Smile/Wild Honey. I guess it was the warm weather that had me itching for some summery sounds.

Smiley Smile and Wild Honey were actually released as two separate albums in 1967 but were kind of combined later on I guess, and luuuckily it also includes one of my favorite Beach Boys songs as a bonus track, "Can't Wait Too Long". It seriously gives me goosebumps. Plus, it has two other takes of "Good Vibrations", which is another fave song of mine. Personally, I love this album. It's less of the kitchy, cutsie surf songs that The Beach Boys are most famous for and more complex and dynamic. Some people like it, some don't. If you like the Pet Sounds album, my bet is you'll enjoy this as well. Give it a listen if your ears so wish, or let me know if you have any opinions on this "controversial" album!




2 comments:

  1. p.s. can anyone give me tips for formatting posts? i'm sooo bad at stuff like this. i still can't figure out how to just insert a picture where i want, it always goes straight to the top of the page and i have to drag and drop it or cut and paste the html. any help is appreciated for this tech un-savvy blogger....

    ReplyDelete
  2. nevermind, i think i have the picture thing fixed, but advice is still welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...